Skip to content (Press Enter)
Frequent Safari Questions About Supremo Tours
Are international flight costs included in your advertised safari tour prices?
- Our tour prices do not include international air tickets. This is due to the fact that tour starts from and returns to your Nairobi Hotels or airports.
What is the tour booking terms at Supremo Adventures?
What safari vehicle types do you use on your tours?
- Our standard tour vehicle is a custom designed minivan with pop up top for ease of photography during game viewing drives and sightseeing. The vehicle sits a maximum of 6 persons for guaranteed window seats and access to the pop-up top.
- We also use the pop up top 4×4 land cruiser jeep on safari. This is an upgrade on request and comes at an extra cost.
- Both tour vehicle types are fitted with long-range radios for easy communication, cooler boxes, and first aid kits.
- Both tour minivan and 4×4 jeep are sufficiently adequate for a safari tour.
- The 4×4 jeep has several advantages over the tour minivan; this includes a higher elevation, better navigation on rough terrain, deeper reach, is more comfortable and brings out better the adventure essence.
What is a single room supplement/extra?
- A single room supplement is an extra fee imposed on single occupancy of a double room by hotels, safari lodges, and camps. Supremo tour prices are based on two persons sharing in a double room /tent.
- If someone chooses to take single occupancy of a room, single room supplement applies.
What is the difference between luxury, standard and economy accommodation options listed on your tour packages?
- Economy, standard and luxury accommodation options for lodges and tented camps are sufficiently comfortable and adequate.
- The, however, the standard of facilities and location of properties do vary.
Luxury Lodges and Tented Camps
- In almost all instances, luxury accommodations are located at vantage locations within the national parks and game reserves.
- They are unique in architecture and design. They also provide easy access to the game viewing areas.
- The facilities and comfort levels are of higher standard.
- Rooms, tents are private and en-suite. There shall be a swimming pool in the facility.
Standard Lodges and Tented Camps
- Standard lodges and camps are located inside or at the boundaries of the national parks and game reserves.
- The facilities’ comfort levels are sufficiently adequate although slightly lower than for luxury accommodation level.
- Their rooms and tents are also private and en-suite. Most standard accommodation shall have a swimming.
Economy Lodges and Tented Camps
- Almost all economy lodges and tented camps (except a few) are located outside the park or on the boundaries.
- They are relatively basic but sufficiently adequate and comfortable.
- Room and tents are private and have en-suite bathroom facilities.
- Most of them may have a swimming pool.
What are the distances and driving times on tour?
- Distances and driving times in Africa vary from the European and American concepts. In Kenya, roads are narrow and may not be well maintained.
- The roads immediately leading to the National Parks and Game Reserves are rough.
- Please note that stated driving time on safari itineraries/programs are estimated and may vary depending on traffic and road condition.
Is it guaranteed to spot the ‘Big Five’ or other specific wildlife during your safari?
- Specific animal spotting cannot be guaranteed on tour, as animals are in their natural habitat.
- Our tour itineraries are however designed and operated to bring out the best opportunities for game viewing.
- There are some parks/locations with almost guarantees for specific sightings
- These include Amboseli for Elephant herds, Hippos at Mzima Springs in Tsavo West & Lake Naivasha, Rhino at Lake Nakuru and others.
- National parks, game viewing drives become exciting because of the “search” and “find” aspect.
Are persons with special needs able to participate in any of your tour tours?
- We cannot guarantee that tour accommodation and other facilities will be available for such as wheelchair passengers, however, we shall do our best to reserve equal value/standard properties and facilities that conform to the special needs.
- We request that you specify your special needs and requirements in this case.
- Our tour driver/guides have sufficient experience and will to attend to special needs persons